We Love to Create Challenge #15

 It's the start of a new challenge over on the We Love to Create Challenge blog 
We like to keep things simple over there and the theme is 

#15 Anything Goes /Mixed Media Goes

One lucky winner will receive a prize from our generous sponsor Premium Art Brand


With School finishing for the summer I made notebooks for my son's teacher and teaching assistants, here is one I made using Pan Pastels, I hope you feel inspired to play along.


 My notebook was constructed by cutting and wrapping chipboard in kraft paper, punching holes in the covers and in the pages that had been cut to size before linking them together with ring,


To decorate I cut white card to fit the front, back and inside panels of the covers. On the front and back panels, I blended three different colours of PanPasel before laying a stencil over the top and applying more colour through that. I did the same to the inside panels but limited myself to just two colours. 


After applying some fixative to all the panels, I placed a silhouette stencil onto the front panel and brushed around it with black acrylic paint once the paint was dry I doodled around the girls with a white paint pen before gluing all the panels to the notebook.

Thanks for popping by

Gemma


Comments

  1. What a brilliant, original present idea. Love the colours and block stencils you used. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lou, I love making these and all the staff really appreciated there gifts.

      Delete
  2. Love this idea for teacher gifts, brilliant colours and design.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sylvia, great fun to make as well x

      Delete
  3. A unique gift - love the colours you've used. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous project, love the colours and the stencilling looks fab too
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog.
Please leave a comment, letting me know what you think.

Gemma