Collage- May challenge at The Artistic Stamper

Hello Everyone

I had such a fun time working on this canvas, Little man was back at school, the house was mostly sorted. I chose to ignore everything else and have some play time. I hope this and the other design team members creations inspire you to join in with this months challenge over on the blog and the Facebook page. 


I started by using my Gelli plate and acrylic paints to create prints on paper. I then used bits of all the papers even the waste to create my canvas. After rolling paint onto the plate I would roll the excess onto a sheet of paper to the side of the Gelli plate. I added to this waste sheet when removing excess paint from the stamps and stencils I used to create texture on the plate for the main prints. Some of the waste sheets were surprisingly really interesting and pretty.


I then ripped up the blue and green papers and glued them to the canvas with a gel medium. I glued the blue papers to the top of the canvas to represent sky and the green at the bottom to represent Grass.

I used the yellow and orange papers to cut out triangles and squares for the  houses, I also used some book paper and craft paper to add a different texture and interest.


I glued the parts of the houses together and decided where I wanted them on the canvas before glueing them in place.


I also stamped and cut out two strips of bunting to go on some of the houses and cut a few butterflies and birds from a piece of paper in my stash. Using pit pens I edged around some of the ripped papers, and around all the houses, butterflies and birds.


I then used a black paint pen to go around the houses and doodle some grass and flowers under them. To finish I took some rub ons I thought had long gone and applied them in places, without really worrying about having the full image, I just wanted the texture.







Thank you for reading
Gemma

Comments