June's challenge at The Artistic Stamper.

Hello Everyone

It's the start of the month and time for a new challenge on The Artistic Stamper's blog and facebook page. This months theme is Red, Yellow and Blue. A random winner is chosen and the prize is one of there wonderful stamps. 


I was sitting at my table after just finishing of a real of double sided tape, thinking what could I do with this, as I am sure lots of us do. I took some blue ribbon and wrapped it around the hoop, glueing the end so it didn't unravel.


I then took a length of wire and wrapped it over and around the hoop, in a very random way, remembering to form a loop at the top that I can hang the piece from. 


I painted a small scrap of card with yellow paint, and stamped the words "take time to smell the flowers", before cutting them out and going round the edges with black ink. 


I then threaded the words through the wire. 


I stamped out lots of Lesley Matthewson's flower stamp, using archival ink. I stamped the flower out on book paper, tissue paper, and card, and painted them using acrylic paint. I used the same red paint for all the flowers changing the tone of the paint just by adding different amounts of water. 


I then glued then into place using acrylic glue.

Thank you for reading
Gemma (inkykitty)

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog.
Please leave a comment, letting me know what you think.

Gemma