Hearts as flowers card

A new month means a new challenge over on The Artistic Stampers blog, 
And this month the theme is 

BACKGROUNDS

So many ideas pop into your head with such an expansive theme title and I can not wait to see what everyone comes up with. You can join in on the blog and the facebook page, a lucky winner will be chosen to receive a stamp. 




I started by spreading some Distress Ink onto my craft mat and spraying them with water. Once the ink was wet enough to form those small little beads, I pressed some watercolour card into the ink repeatedly drying between layers until I was happy with the results.


Once dry I stamped over the top, fairly randomly with the same distress inks and the mini background stamps from The Artistic Stamper.


I then cut the watercolour card to fit a card blank I had previously made. after which I stamped Neil Walkers mini heart in archival ink before doodling stems so they looked like flowers and around the edges of the card 


For the front of the card, I doodled around the edges and stamped more hearts onto leftover watercolour card, which I cut out and glued to the main piece, gluing some twin behind them.




Thanks for reading
Gemma x

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog.
Please leave a comment, letting me know what you think.

Gemma