Floral Fantasy Challenge on The Artistic Stamper Blog

Hello Everyone

WOW May already, I feel as if April went by way too fast, a new month means a new challenge over on The Artistic Stampers blog. This month's theme is

Floral Fantasy

It took me a while to work this one out and decide what I wanted to make, In the end, I got stuck on the idea of florals being individual flowers but not wanting to make something with traditional flower images, Then I decided I was making myself freeze creatively by over thinking and I should just have fun with the them. So I turned the Lightbulb stamp into flowers.


I cut a piece of card to fit my card blank and covered it with a layer of purple paint. I laid the floral mask over the top and sponged through some blue paint. Once dry, using black and white paint I stamped different sized circles. All the paints used were Dylusions paints.


After stamping the large lightbulb twice and drawing in some bottoms, I painted them in with a layer of gesso to act as a barrier between the purple and the colour I painted over the top. I also stamped the word smile from the framed words set in three places on the background.


Sorry for the badly out of focus picture, But here I painted a layer of green paint over the light bulb flowers and using a mask I stamped inside the light bulbs with a calligraphy mat stamp and a black ink pad. 


I also decided to stamp inside the light bulbs with orange paint and one of Lesley's small flower stamps, and then I scribbled gentle around the light bulbs and the words, to highlight them and help them stand out from the background.




Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to seeing what everyone makes.
Gemma




Comments