We Love to Create Challenge 11- Anything goes/ Mixed media goes

Wow! so happy to be here and be able to say we have a new challenge on the We Love to Create Blog. They like to keep things nice and simple over there and the new challenge, challenge #11 is Anything Goes/ Mixed Media Goes. There is a chance for one lucky winner to receive a prize from our generous sponsor Premium Art Brands. 


Not only is this my first post for We Love to create, but it was also my first real play with Pan Pastel products. First impressions are that I absolutely love them, they were so easy to use, although I will have to learn to be nicer to my applicators (oops!). I am looking forward to learning more about this versatile product, and hope to bring some of you along for the journey.


The first thing I had to try was stencilling, as it's one of my favourite things to do. I cut a piece of card to fit my card blank and laid a stencil over the top. over the stencil, I applied some Magenta Shade and Light Blue Pan Pastels. Blending over the top with a large sponge to blend and mix the colours together. On two book pages, I stamped out two large flowers with archival ink and the words it's all perspective. To colour the flowers I added a layer of Titanium white and build layers or Magenta Shade and Violet on top. I used a lot more Violet than Magenta on the flowers. Once I have glued everything in place I went around all the edges with a black Stabilo pencil. 

Thank you so much for stopping by
Gemma

Comments

  1. Beautiful project Gemma, love the stencilling and the flowers are gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog.
Please leave a comment, letting me know what you think.

Gemma