We Love to Create Challenge #13 Anything Goes/ Mixed Media Goes

So it's the start of a new challenge on the We Love to Create Blog. We like to keep things nice and simple over there and the theme is Anything Goes/ Mixed Media goes. One lucky winner will receive a prize from out generous sponsor Premium Craft Brands.

This week I used my wonderful PanPastels in my Art Journal, to create this busy pastel coloured background and rough, bold flowers.


I started my coating my page with gesso, I found this was a must for using the PanPastels in this journal or the PanPastels would become muted and lost in the paper. 
Once dry I blended Orange Tint, Permanent Red Tint and Blue Tint over the top, overlapping and blending then together where they met.


I stamped over the top using various stamps from The Artistic Stamper. By mixing some of the Blue Tint and Red Tint with gesso. I spread the mixture in a thin layer over my craft mat, pressing the stamp into the mixture and transferring it to the journal. 


I stamped out two circles as the start of my flowers with Distress Ink, building on them with Titanium White, Violet, and Magenta Shade PanPastels. I blended them all in together using a water brush adding more pigment from the pan as needed.


I finished off by drawing in my flowers and some extra swirls with a black Stabilo pencil, as well as doodling with my white pen.

Thank you for stopping by
Gemma

  

Comments

  1. A stunning project Gemma. I love all the layers of detail. Thanks for popping by my blog. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy and your welcome it's great to see what other crafter's are making. I love creating projects with layers but I hardly ever use pastel colours.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog.
Please leave a comment, letting me know what you think.

Gemma