Make a 30 Minute card using stamps and stencils

My friend Jennie over at The Artistic Stamper posted a photo of her copy of Simply Cards & Papercraft filled with lovely goodies from Ranger designers Dina Wakley, Dyan Reaveley and Wendy Vecchi so I, of course, has to send my amazing another half out to hunt me down a copy.
I have a very fast 30-minute card to share with you all today using the Dina Wakley stamp and stencil that came with the magazine and Distress Inks.





STEPS


I cut card to fit the front of my card blank, then roughly blended two similar colors of ink over the top.


Then I sprayed the card with a generous amount of water left it for a couple of minutes and blasted it with my heat tool.


I layered up both patterns from the stencil over the top using the same ink. This is a great little stencil and I think I will use it lots.


Then it was time to raid the crafty stash, I tore a piece of card stock that was the width of the card and covered it in Dusty Concord ink before laying the stencil over the top and spritzing water through it. Then I tore some piece of washi tape and a piece of Ivory Script card from Canvas Corp Brands and layered them up together.


Now it's doodle time, I used black and white pens to add more interest to the card, focusing on outlining the small rectangle brick pattern.


Then I glued all my layers together before adding the silhouette that was stamped onto card with Archival Ink.

  
These purple and green/blue  colour combinations are still my favorites, what colour combinations do you like the most, or what colour combinations would you like to see me use.

xx Gemma xx

Comments