Make a Bright Fun Collage Paper Canvas

Hi Everyone
I'm back sharing a fun canvas with you all today using the fabulous collage paper pads from Art By Marlene. They are so easy to use and I had no issues with the papers tearing when I applied them to the canvas with Gel Medium which is great.





STEPS


Pick three or more college papers and tear them into pieces to cover the canvas, once you have decided on placement glue them in place with Gel medium. I like to add Gel medium directly to the canvas and then over the top pushing the paper down with a roller to squeeze the air bubbles out.


Scape paint over the top. I like to keep warm and cool colour separate, and I make sure to dry between layers. Try to keep layers thin so you can still see the papers underneath.


Spray some white ink through a stencil over the whole canvas then turn the stencil over to press on any ink sitting on the stencil. I find this will really lift and brighten the canvas if it starts looking a little muted.


This fabulous focal image was also from the college paper pad, Cut around the image and add to the canvas in the same way as the first layers of paper.


Colour the whole image. I used a combination of Big Pitt pens and pastels. I love the intensity of these pens and that when they are dry they are permanent, but while they are wet they can move and be blended out. 

Edge the whole image with a thick black line. This will make the image pop from the canvas and corrects any lines that may have been changed/muted when you coloured the image.


Draw lots of flowers and colour them in. I used the flowers on the papers I had glued down to inspire the ones I added but I really just tried to have fun with it and not overly worry about where they were going.

Thank you for reading, This year I am really interested in trying different colour combinations, what are your favorite ones. Comment below to let me know.

Gemma

Comments