Today, Tomorrow and Always my Love

My wonderful Aunties have fixed my sewing machine so yay! I can start using it in my mixed media pieces again. So I started by making this framed gift for my Grizzly Bear for valentines day using Tattered Angels Mists and Canvas Corp Brands basics.




Steps 


Paint, Spray or apply with fingers a layer of different Tattered Angles Mists. When those layers are dry add some more through a stencil.


Add some more of the Mists onto a small piece of card that is a different thickness or texture to the first.


Cut out a heart shape and stamp over the top with black ink. I have used a calligraphic mat from The Artistic Stamper.


Add more stamping around the larger sheet of card using the same stamp. Keep the stamping to the edges of the card.


Using the same stencil or stencils from the first step add stenciling with black paint around the edges of the card.


Cut alternate layers of Hessian and canvas to complete the look. Writing suitable text on the canvas layer with a permanent black pen.


Stitch all the layers together on a sewing machine using a long stitch and black thread. I also stitched a border around the base card before positioning inside the frame to finish.

xx Gemma xx

Comments